This module allows iPhone (first generation) and iPod touch users to get GPS positioning in their device. It gives the GPS position of the device on the earth. A simple software is sold with the module to display the GPS position. Along with that a software allowing users to display their position on a map and get driving directions is available. Please not that there is no link between the sold of the xGPS module and the provided software available on the "xGPS software" section.
The xGPS module is only designed for Apple iPhone© and Apple iPod touch©.
- Apple© iPhone first generation (iPhone 3G is not currently officialy supported but it appears to work) or Apple© iPod touch.
- Firmware 1.1.4 or 2.0 on the device
- Device in a Jailbroken state.
- GPS Precision: about 5m. Can be more precise depending of the available GPS satellites.
- Working temperature: from 10°C to 50°C.
- Current drawing: about 70mA, depending of the use.
- Time to aquire GPS signal: Ranging from 42 sec to 8 sec, depending of the use)
- Dimensions of the module: 6cm x 4cm x 1.9cm.
There is an expedition delay of 2 weeks. A shipping date will be communicated to you when your order has been confirmed.