The xGPS software gives the possiblity to browse maps and get your position displayed on these maps. You can also download the maps by selecting an area of the world maps. Then you can use the xGPS software without any Internet connection to get your position displayed on the map.
This software is under hard developement. It means that not all the planned features are yet implemented. However the current version is pretty stable. More information can be found on the Development blog
Features (current and planned):
- Download of maps to use them offline, in the offline mode
- Maps scrolling and browsing
- Support Google Maps©' maps and OpenStreetMaps' maps
- Support for xGPS Module, iPhone 3G Internal GPS and iGPSD cables connected to Holux GPS.
- Search for Cities, Places, Restaurants and more
- Multilanguage support (English, French, German, Italian)
- Driving directions
- Vocal support for the driving directions (only in English)
- Support iPhone first gen., iPhone 3G and iPod Touch first gen. running firmware 2.0.x and 2.1 jailbreaked.
Costs and Price
This software can freely downloaded and installed on any supported device. The use of this software with the xGPS Module and the iPhone 3G Internal GPS is completly free. However the use of this software with iGPSD's cables connected to Holux GPS devices require a license to be purchased.
For the people they have bought an iGPSD cable before the 27th September 2008, they have to purchase a license number on this store website. For the others, the license number will be sent to you by iGPSD along with the purchased products.
Please note that there is no commercial link between the xGPS module and this software.